[TYPO3-core] Cleaning up migrated sysext manuals

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 19 21:46:32 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Having received no feedback at all, I took the following decisions alone:

> - what meta-tags to choose on the cover page? I have taken the official
> manuals as an example. I especially wonder about the author and the
> email. For the author I would use "TYPO3 CMS Core Development Team" (the
> same way we use "Documentation Team" for the official manuals). For the
> email I would remove it entirely, as I think it doesn't make sense.

Done as I suggested.

> - what version number to use? I have currently set 6.2.0, but I would
> propose dropping the last number and just write 6.2. Otherwise we will
> need to think about updating version numbers also inside the manuals (in
> 2 different places) for each release, which seems pointless.

Done as I suggested.

> - additional content on the cover page. On the official documentation,
> each manual has two paragraphs on the cover page explaining what is
> official documentation and what kind of manual this is. The latter makes
> no sense for sysext manual, but what about the former? Should there be a
> short paragraph that this particular manual is about a system extension?

Not added anything, since I didn't have any really good idea about what
such a text should mention.

Related commit:

https://github.com/fsuter/TYPO3.CMS.Documentation.Migration/commit/d16cbfaa99eb7bbfc269145a126358508a2c6651

Cheers