[TYPO3-core] Autoclose core issues after inactivity

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Fri Feb 22 10:16:14 CET 2013

On 02/22/2013 10:05 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below my personal opinions.
>
> On 21-2-2013 14:02, Thomas Maroschik wrote:
>> I want to propose and discuss an option to cope with the overwhelming
>> amount of open issues in the issue tracker.
>
> Friendly Ghosts already check issues which "Need Feedback" and haven't
> received an answer in more than 90 days. Most of these issues are closed
> because they need information and the reporter doesn't provide it.

[...]

> Auto-abandoning patches is also not something I would do lightly. A
> patch means that someone has put effort into solving it. No reviews or
> even a few -1 doesn't say anything about the patch itself.

I agree with Jigal. It's imho okay to set issues without a review etc.
to "no feedback" and have them in the usual cycle of the friendly
ghosts. The auto-close should be mentioned in the "needs feedback" imho.
That should already bring the tickets down quite a bit imho.

The part requiring (manual) work might imho be to check if there is a
review going on etc. I've seen (a few) issues in the past which were
"merged" but just there status hadn't been updated or so. We could catch
those as well then.

Regards,
 Stefan