[TYPO3-core] Autoclose core issues after inactivity

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at typo3.org
Thu Feb 21 15:43:30 CET 2013

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Maroschik schrieb am 21.02.13 14:02:
> Could a autoclose bot be
> introduced that reminds authors of issues that the issue hasn't been
> updated since 60 days and will be closed automatically in 30 days unless
> the issue will be updated.
>
> The linked changes could be also abadonned automatically with a notice
> that this happend due to inactivity.
>
> This behaviour would be a clear communication guideline and clean up the
> issue tracker and review system.
>
> What do you think?

in the current state of our reviewing queue this would drop a lot of
valuable bug reports and feature requests.

Our problem isn't the number of outdated issues, it's the number of
unreviewed patches.

Nevertheless a reminder email for issue creators and assignees might be
a way to attract some more action on "forgotten" tickets.

Cheers,
Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kahler