[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 14:36:15 CET 2013

On 08.02.2013, at 14:04, Philipp Gampe <philipp.gampe at typo3.org> wrote:

> The reviewing is done to keep up high coding standards. In essence, this is
> pair programming light.
>
> Would you really want to bypass the review system (which is technical
> possible for any core dev anyway)?
>
> There have been some scary patches laying around. You surely would not want
> them to be included into the main tree.
>
> Also most non-trivial patches require more than one changeset, indicating
> that the overall quality is improved by the review system.

+1

I might add that even patches by me or other of the Neos / Flow team which addressed
issues in our own little parts of the code base contained some severe flaws in the past.

So, the problem is not so much the review system but rather the process and developer
resources. If you anyone's idea is to omit reviews altogether, you have a different idea
of quality assurance than I do.

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com/blog
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org