[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 14:04:20 CET 2013

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Alder wrote:

> otherwise, with "reviewers only" we are back to the current discussion
> how effective/ineffective the reviewing is ;)

The reviewing is done to keep up high coding standards. In essence, this is
pair programming light.

Would you really want to bypass the review system (which is technical
possible for any core dev anyway)?

There have been some scary patches laying around. You surely would not want
them to be included into the main tree.

Also most non-trivial patches require more than one changeset, indicating
that the overall quality is improved by the review system.

http://de.slideshare.net/StephenKing/using-gerrit-code-review-in-an-open-
source-project
Look at page 20 to find some stats.

Best regards