[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Fri Feb 8 10:48:25 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 08.02.2013 10:41, schrieb Daniel Alder:
> ...of course this is true for core member. but if i am not
> (non-core-devs) then it not that effective...

true, try hashtag #TYPO3 in twitter, works quite well

> give them points, give them votes (or something like that) based on
> their state. combining this with a tricide-like interface and votes with
> "normal" users and core devs.

points are already available in forge but yes many things can be
improved, you are totally right.

>> that is just a wrong assumption. Not every agency uses LTS ;)
>
> no, proof the opposite! ;)

agency I am working at, I know many others using e.g. 6.x

> ...in the meantime a knew typo3 version was released. and oh! i have to
> tell the customer a half year later, that his project needs to be
> updated - end of maintenance. he is laughs...

that is kind of life ... if you buy a new car it is also possible that a
new version is out when you recieve yours. but yes I understand the problem

> ...so what would you prefer as an agency?
> LTS or the newest core ;)

the newest core. but of course it depends on your knowledge, your needs,

> -> clearer procedures (where to i have to do what)
> -> forge, review, git (hooks), lists -> phu, where do i start first?
> (dependences)

at least those points are described very well in the wiki.

Georg