[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Feb 7 18:51:02 CET 2013

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Yesterday I submitted a typolink speed up patch. It is a simple patch. I
> could do it months ago but I waited to see if there will be a single core
> dev, who could do that instead of me. There were none. So I did yesterday.
> But my cHash patch, which prevents a possible DoS on TYPO3, is pending for
> a long time. It is a simple one and nobody from core devs considers it. On
> the other hand, core devs passed the patch, which adds a full $TCA in FE -
> the feature, which no one really needs, which makes TYPO3 slower and takes
> unnecessary amounts of memory.

You - as a core team member - could ask other team members to review it.
That is what non-core-devs do too. It is a rather effective way to fasten
the review of important changes.

There have been many discussions (in chat mostly :( ) that discussed pros
and cons of changing some TYPO3 internals - always caring about backwards
compatibility.

If you have a patch that prevents DOS, then maybe ask the security team to
review it ... there are core team members in the team that can merge the
change then.

After all it is about communication.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator