[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Fri Feb 8 09:12:58 CET 2013

Am 07.02.2013 18:51, schrieb Philipp Gampe:

> You - as a core team member - could ask other team members to review it.
> That is what non-core-devs do too. It is a rather effective way to fasten
> the review of important changes.

..i've seen many examples this was not working.

first:
it depends on "who do you know?"

second:
it depends on "personal attitudes" => do this person think it's a good
thing (he decides on his own not in "community")

beside the main problem in the typo3 community there is no "lead".

since typo3 introduced the release managers the quality in releases
improved.

but nobody is taking an overview over the whole project, there is no
clear view where the typo3 project is heading to. ...what is more
important (fixing LTS or introducing new things to master).

Am 07.02.2013 10:00, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
 > - When did TYPO3 change from being a practical product to
 > a theoretical programming playground?

and i agree to dmitry: its getting a "flow-like" touch. many "cool"
features which consuming big amounts of time rather than do the little
but important things. do i have to itemise all of them?

to remember: the basement of typo3 ARE the agencies who making money
with typo3. so this is why everyone of them is using LTS or switching to
other systems.

Am 07.02.2013 10:28, schrieb Tolleiv Nietsch:
 > I share the same impression and that's the reason why I stopped
 > submitting the patches from AOEmedia to the review system.

another funny side-effect: every big agency is doing there own thing
(frameworks/APIs/own repositories do patch/fix the cores which never
will be contributed to the community)

imagine this big amount of energy would flow back to typo3 community!

so i think the review-system isn't the best i've seen on the market. But
it could work some how. There is an underlying problem.