[TYPO3-core] RFC 17978 -.... 30% performance drop without discussion

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Wed Feb 6 19:43:34 CET 2013

Hi!

On 06.02.13 17:09, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> 3x increase in memory requirements, than it will not be enough. That's what

I will throw in some facts here. I did a small test with a basic TYPO3
installation measuring the total memory consumption
(memory_get_peak_usage(TRUE)) for a full cached page request.

Before the change in question:
9175040 Bytes

After the change:
38010880 Bytes

So going up from 9MB to 38MB required memory is pretty remarkable.
But as I pointed out in my length post, the current state cannot and
will not be final for a lot of reasons.

I quickly re-enabled (full!) TCA caching for the FE again, which again
reduced the memory consumption to:

11010048

This increase to 11MB max memory is totally fine in my opinion and the
core itself will not be the limiting factor in this area, but (memory
hungry) extensions.

Even if the memory increase will be more significant the more extension
tables are present, the benefits of a reliable, less error prone
straight forward handling in this area outweighs this penalty by far.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel