[TYPO3-core] RFC 17978 -.... 30% performance drop without discussion

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:09:53 CET 2013

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Memory is still to be considered, but the original stuff was written in
> the times of 8-16MB PHP memory. Other parts like the EM (parsing the
> data from TER) require a lot more memory. Most TYPO3 sites I have seen
> recently are configured for 128-512MB memory.

TER or EM is not FE. We are talking about FE. Imagine a hosting with 1GB
RAM, a site with a lot of TS and a lot of extension with many tables. Now
imagine that hundreds of users come. This worked so far. Now if there is a
3x increase in memory requirements, than it will not be enough. That's what
I am talking about.

I can imagine very few cases when $TCA is needed in FE in the full form. We
lived without it all these years. I do not see why we cannot live without
it further and keep TYPO3 requirements slim.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member

Simplicity will save the world.