[TYPO3-core] Requirement checks in TYPO3 6.0 / Installtool

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri Feb 1 08:39:55 CET 2013

Hello Guys,

i'd like to give you feedback to the installtool 123 ;)

During the Problems with VMWare i did my first 123 install since years.

1. There seems to be no PHP Version check (5.3.3 debian) got through
   without any warning
2. I suggest to built a list of mandatory and suggested extensions
   through 123 to allow the user to install missing stuff, and not to
   get a surprise afterwards.
   I got a message about a mandatory missing extension, which was ok.
3. If there is sth. wrong in TYPO3 Cache the installtool can get
   unuseable, until the cache is cleared manually in typo3temp/Cache
4. timestamp in filename for the backend should check for approriate
   .htaccess rules with a simple http check ;), otherwise this option
   should be disabled

Thanks a lot
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach