[TYPO3-core] Problems with TYPO3 6.0 VMWare shared folders

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Fri Feb 1 08:34:57 CET 2013

Hello Guys,

i recently switched from Windows 8 64bits with VMWare to MacOSx 10.8
with VMWare Fusion.

The TYPO3 source files are situated in the Hostfilesystem and linked
with shared folders (/mnt/hgfs/ in the VM).

I transfered my debian VM to Fusion and started it.
TYPO3 4.4 until 4.7 worked fine as expected. Now i started to install
TYPO3 6.0. This caused many errors, which can be seen on
http://pastebin.com/8xs1fY9u .

I solved the problem by moving the files in the VMfilessystem, but i do
like to verify this behaviour AND if it's not only reproduceable on all
my maschines I strictly recommend to warn in TYPO3 installtool, if files
are located under /mnt/hgfs

Inspecting this nearly costed me a day :(
Anyway i'd like to know what exactly caused this enoying bug.

Regards
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach