[TYPO3-core] Filemodule reference check

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Sat Dec 7 15:15:01 CET 2013

Hi Frans,

On 07.12.13 09:25, Frans Saris wrote:

> Currently the filemodule uses 2 methods to check if a file is referenced
> somewhere.

This needs to be unified of course.

> So when sys_ref is out of sync you get
> strange behaviour.

There is a bug somewhere when sys_ref gets out of sync.

> My proposal is to cleanup the filemodule and only use sys_file_reference
> for the reference checks.
>
> What's your opinion about this?

The question is: "how do we allow to relate files to records?"
If we only allow relations through sys_file_reference (e.g. by changing
RTE to create sys_file_reference records for inline files) then we can
remove the relation checks through sys_ref (as they would be empty anyway).

Besides RTE fields (which need to be tackled anyway) I do not have an
overview currently how relations to files are stored. What about
collections? Are there other ways?

Kind regards,
Helmut

--