[TYPO3-core] New features and css_styled_content static templates?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 28 12:18:18 CEST 2013

Hi Ernesto and Joey,

> The compatibility static tempaltes are not meant to be "untouchable",
> their reason is to make the "rendering look the same as in an older
> version". So if we add new features, we could / should add them to the
> compatibility static templates also.

OK, so I will add the necessary TS across all static template versions,
for the sake of completeness.

> Although meanwhile after>7 years of having these compatibility
> templates I must confess that I've never used them, as usually we just
> want to move over and adapt the typoscript / css for the frontend while
> upgrading anyway.

Neither do I, but they are still there. Actually it might be good to
deprecated the oldest ones (e.g. before 4.5), but we have no way of
deprecating a static template. Should we add one? It could be worth it,
otherwise we will keep accumulating static templates till the end of time.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch