[TYPO3-core] New features and css_styled_content static templates?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Aug 28 00:06:14 CEST 2013

Am 27.08.2013 21:41, schrieb François Suter:
> Hi all,
>
> My patch introducing a categories-based page menu [1] is nearly good
> (lacking only an active member's +1 by testing), but it raised one
> general question: this feature needs new TypoScript in the static
> template provided by css_styled_content for its rendering. Although this
> will be a new feature of 6.2, should the rendering TS be added also to
> older static templates? After all it is perfectly possible to run a
> given TYPO3 version with older static templates.
>
> Do we have a policy for this? If not, what should I do?

Hi François.

Since this is not about backporting stuff to older TYPO3 versions but
adding it to static templates being compatible to them, I think it
should be OK to add it there as well.

But it should only be done, when the patch does not change or remove
existing stuff but adds something new, since otherwise the compatibility
might be broken.

Even people who added a menu type 9 with a completely different purpose
should not run into problems though, since they had to override/add
stuff of the original static template anyway, which shoud still be
working even after applying your patch.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian