[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS fork on github, project name "Catharsis"

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Apr 13 17:01:55 CEST 2013

Hi Fedir,

thanks for your comments

> * Actual gerrit system has quite important latency
You mean the site is responding slowly? I'm sorry for that, we have a
service going crazy in another VM on the same physical server which
consumes up a lot of resource. We hope to sort out that problem really
soon. Unfortunately just disabling it is no option. So usually Gerrit is
(IMHO, tell me if I'm wrong) pretty fast.

> * There are tickets on Forge with solutions, which exists since
several years
So sb. has to pick it up and throw it into review.

> * TYPO3 Association has not enough Project Managers
Not sure, if I agree.

> * There are lots of tickets in Forge, which should be commited long
time ago
Isn't this the same as above? So throw it into review. Everybody can do
this (since 2007). Once in review, it is, of course, fault of the lack
of man power inside the core team that the issues get stuck.

> * People have limited lifetime, they like to live now
> * There are lots of frameworks which are pretty cool
> * TYPO3 has great architectural concepts
> * Realisation of TYPO3 could be better
> * Big system good functioning needs goods organization
getting esoteric..

> = Propositions to TYPO3 project managers =
who do you think are these "project managers"? You mean core team
leader, release manager? They're (mostly) working unpaid.

> * Believe in community
I think we all do. Otherwise we/they wouldn't spend so many time for the
community.

> * Make TYPO3 Developer Days free as a beer
I'd say that's a great idea, but who pays for that? Code sprints are
covered by Association money, so if you really come to do work, you
(can) get invited.

> * Answer to every Forge ticket in 24h
Nice idea.. but there aren't 20 employees working full-time. I know that
our response times are subject to improvement, but it's just the way it
is: man-power is limited. Get involved, share your knowledge and respond
to tickets. That's how you can start improving the situation.

Btw. why are you using diff files in times of Git^^

In case some of my answers sound rude: I mean all of them positive. But
often there's the wrong impression that the TYPO3 Association is a
company having hundreds of employees that should deliver a 24/7 service.

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks