[TYPO3-core] Re: TYPO3 CMS fork on github, project name "Catharsis"

Fedir RYKHTIK fedir.rykhtik at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 15:32:40 CEST 2013

Hi guys !

I thinks it's juste perfect. It's goes completely well with the idea of Open Source. We have a right to be free and to do what is inspiring us.

= I like the idea to fork, just it should be intelligent fork =

Personally I think lots of stuff, and it's some complicated to express all the thought in this post, but I will try to be constructive and to express my thoughts, so You could make synthesis Your side.

= Some thoughts =

* Actual gerrit system has quite important latency
* There are tickets on Forge with solutions, which exists since several years
* TYPO3 Association has not enough Project Managers
* There are lots of tickets in Forge, which should be commited long time ago
* People have limited lifetime, they like to live now
* There are lots of frameworks which are pretty cool
* TYPO3 has great architectural concepts
* Realisation of TYPO3 could be better
* Big system good functioning needs goods organization

= Propositions to TYPO3 project managers =

* Believe in community
* Use agile methodologies
* Make TYPO3 Developer Days free as a beer
* Answer to every Forge ticket in 24h

= Propositions to forkers =

* Use automatic patches instead of blind forking
* Make forks together, find teams who wants the same
* Mark on TYPO3 Forge all adjustments, which You make on Your fork

Personally, I had a lot of patches on TYPO3 Core, which are used on our sites, and each time when there is a core update, I make diff and I patch the official version. In such way You could personalize TYPO3, and to keep compatibility with official trunk. I'm trying to share adjustments with Core or Extensions.

My Best Regards,
Fedir