[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Thu Sep 20 15:11:21 CEST 2012

Hi

Jigal van Hemert schrieb:

> Furthermore I'm still not convinced that we should have a LTS version at
> all. The only reason so far is that clients like it because they don't
> have to pay for major upgrades for a long time (a.k.a. stability).

Actually from asking our project managers I understood more the money
savings aren't the only argument, "LTS" itself is a good (^= working)
marketing claim. LTS seems to suggest more stability to them. Just like
"6.0" claimed "more" development compared to "4.8" ;) Technically quite
questionable but if that keeps them moving towards TYPO3 ;)

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--
Tolleiv Nietsch