[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Sep 20 12:31:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 20-9-2012 12:07, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> The original statement was: "There is no reason to use 4.5 further
> because the newly released 6.0 has the same expiration time as 4.5".

I think there was one thing missing in the original line:
"There is no reason to use 4.5 further [for new projects] because the
newly released 6.0 has the same expiration time as 4.5"

With previous releases the newer versions were indeed earlier end of
life than 4.5 LTS. The only argument for a newer version was that you
had new features.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member