[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Thu Sep 20 12:41:04 CEST 2012

On 09/20/2012 12:31 PM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> Re-read the last sentence. Now you question and whole chain of arguments
>> doesn't make any sense anymore because Andy is not speaking of upgraders
>> but about new projects.
>
> If I build a completely new web site in the existing tree, is it a new
> project?

Still you don't want to use "too new" versions of core in case you deal
with a larger bunch of extensions imho. I'm glad there is an LTS that
"just works".

There are newer releases - which might get you into trouble depending on
the surrounding besides core and the few big extensions like tt_news or
so maybe.

Regards,
 Stefan