[TYPO3-core] Official information about the upcoming LTS version

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 12:40:01 CEST 2012

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> With previous releases the newer versions were indeed earlier end of
> life than 4.5 LTS. The only argument for a newer version was that you
> had new features.

On one hand – yes. On the other hand, each new version comes with lots of
new issues. So it becomes a huge question each time: to upgrade or not.
TYPO3 is a large project with lots of historical code. Deprecations change
a lot, some private exts stop working. So it is complicated. Many customer
prefer to stay with older versions after experiencing upgrade issues. On
the other hand, TYPO3 should move forward. I only wish there was more
testing before each release.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/