[TYPO3-core] Still "global" extensions?

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Oct 30 13:15:49 CET 2012

Hi,

On 30-10-2012 12:32, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> On 10/30/2012 12:02 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> ... and system installs, depending what you've allowed in the Install
>> Tool settings.
>
> I don't think overwriting / adding 'sysext' via GUI is a good idea. The
> according install tool setting should be dropped, functionality thrown
> away in  6.0 em. Overloading a sysext is possible by stuffing it to
> 'global' or 'local'.

It's just as good or bad as installing it as a global extensions. It's
also in a place inside the TYPO3 sources.

The only side effect you have is that you can overwrite a system
extension which was shipped with the original sources.

Both global and system are initially disabled in the Install Tool. If
someone likes to enable them, he/she probably knows what they're doing.
If you're an admin you could also easily remove a sysext via the file
system and install an alternative.

To me it's an extremely low priority issue.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!