[TYPO3-core] Still "global" extensions?

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Oct 30 12:32:04 CET 2012

On 10/30/2012 12:02 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> ... and system installs, depending what you've allowed in the Install
> Tool settings.

I don't think overwriting / adding 'sysext' via GUI is a good idea. The
according install tool setting should be dropped, functionality thrown
away in  6.0 em. Overloading a sysext is possible by stuffing it to
'global' or 'local'.

Other than that, I'm fine with 'global' extensions approach as we
currently have it, afaik it is also not stated anywhere that it is
'highly discouraged', current content of typo3/ext/README:

This is only a placeholder. You can use this directory for storing
global extensions.
However, try to use locally installed extensions instead (in
typo3conf/ext/) in order
to keep the TYPO3 core directory clean of user defined contents.

Regards
Christian