[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Nov 10 01:16:14 CET 2012

Hi,

Op 9-11-2012 14:49, Lukas Rueegg [RTP] schreef:
> What can we do? As Mario already explained, just fixing bugs from the
> bugtracker doesn't necessarily help...

It actually does help if there is a next step available. Suppose we have
someone to do the backports, reviews, etc. then he can do a lot more
reviews and merges if the actual backports are already waiting in Gerrit.
Especially after 6.0 with the namespace changes backports become more
time consuming because they cannot be done by cherry-picking AFAIK.
Unless git has some magic, because the classes have been renamed and
moved to new locations.

This is another reason why maintaining LTS versions is so much extra
work: the older the code is the harder it becomes to backport patches.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!