[TYPO3-core] New logo in old branches. Revert?

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Fri Nov 9 08:01:33 CET 2012

Hi Helmut,
I do not agree - the CI Changes apply to all products - not only
upcoming. We did not Design a new logo for 6.0; but we changed the
overall CI of the project - as long as a stable release is maintained it
is part of the project; and that has to be shown.

Therefore project CI has nothing to do with that. When it comes to
renaming I'm a bit undecided;

In General I think it is easier to communicate and get people used to
it, if it is streamlined everywhere.

Furthermore I think, it would be weird, reverting it again - we propably
should not have rushed this decision to merge it, but now it should stay.

Anyhow: 4.7 and 4.5 will be maintained another year: I think it might
seem odd and "uncared" if the version still in 2014 carry the old Logos.
4.6 Support will end in 3 weeks - to no action needed here.

Therefore I'm -2 for changing it back.

regards

Steffen

--