[TYPO3-core] New logo in old branches. Revert?

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Fri Nov 9 00:10:48 CET 2012

Hi,

I just had a chat with Lars Zimmermann from the UI/UX Team.
He asked me why the new TYPO3 logo has been commited to old branches
(even 4.5) and I did not have an answer to that.

We somehow replaced the CI in *patchlevel* releases.
I agree with Lars, that this is a wrong signal.

The logo change is in line with the decision to rename TYPO3 to TYPO3
CMS and release a new major version 6.0. Thus it would make sense that
only 6.0 has the new logo to also visualize this change.

It would be one additional (small) part to make 6.0 differ visually and
representing the decisions that have been taken.

Unfortunately already two patchlevel releases (4.5, 4.6, 4.7) have ben
done, but nevertheless I think we should revert the logo change in these
branches.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--