[TYPO3-core] why did jenkins reject my commit?

Roland most.wanted at gmx.at
Fri May 18 20:39:21 CEST 2012

> Sorry, but if you push something like this to gerrit with syntax errors
> in it, then it means that the code itself was not tried at all!?!? It
> isn't even known that the bug is solved or that the rest of TYPO3 is still working...

well, i oversaw the red error symbol in netbeans that would have indicated
that it is no valid php anymore. my fault. sorry if i endangered the
project.

i thought about unit tests (i would have to learn this before) - then i
thought that jenkins will check this, so this could be fine.

> That is something you could do as a suggestion in a list
> ("I think that <some code> could fix this (code not tested)"), but not
> when pushing things to gerrit.

well i do only CGL violation fixes at the moment - so i thougt my pproach
woild be acceptable: being attentive and watch out for errors my IDE would
indicate. jenkins and the review process would be the safety net if
something went wrong.

sorry if my approach was wrong.

i am open for any constructive input.

roland