[TYPO3-core] Better usage of votes on Forge

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Mar 19 10:35:15 CET 2012

François Suter wrote:

Hello François,

> For a while we've had the voting feature on Forge. However I don't think
> we're taking full advantage of it. First of all it wasn't really
> advertised, and then it's not straightforward to use the vote results [...]

Originally we asked for the voting feature for the Extbase bug tracker
and I regularly check this.
I didn't expect this feature to be globally activated for all issue
trackers, but I think it is rather useful!

> For the TYPO3 Core I think it would be good if we had saved queries for
> this, so that people could easily refer to the issue with the most
> popular demand. I checked this out yesterday, but I don't have enough
> rights to save queries.

I agree. I've also created a simple query that sorts open Extbase issues
by votes [1].

> I would suggest to have 2 different queries, one for bugs and one for
> features (major or not) requests.

+1

> It would also help us, the Core Team, identify the bugs
> that are most annoying to uses, or the features that seem the most
> wanted (no guarantee that we would implement them, though).

Yes, I think it's a good way to get some feedback - also from the more
"quiet" part of the community.

Best,
Bastian

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-mvc/issues?query_id=317