[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Thomas Esders esders at naw.info
Tue Mar 6 09:51:33 CET 2012

Am 06.03.12 09:44, schrieb Peter Niederlag:
> both of this is IMHO much easier to solve than a new interface from scratch!

Well, then ok :) I am not a developer so not my playground _how_ to
implement it :)

> make TCEforms templatable and you'd be able to create "any" interface
> you'd like.
>
> tce_db.php already provides kind of a REST-API.

If this is the pragmatical approach, great!

> Maybe it's time to discuss this again? DEV-DAYS woulb be a nice opportunity.

Ok, but I cannot be there... But this is no problem for me.

> Keep in mind, we have seen this request already a couple of times
> before. You need a bunch of power to make it real! It would reallly be
> nice to have such a simplified interface though.

I can offer my help. I will try to write a concept describing the target
i want to achieve and give some rough ideas how to get there as a basis.

As said before: My preferred way to go is:

- "Team" A) Concept and Design
- "Team" B) Implementation

Which does not mean that both teams are not allowed to speak with each
other and collaborate :)

So, let´s see if we can find people for both "teams" - i will try to
find some for "Team A" :)

I think it is important that not only one person works on the concept
and design.