[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Jens Hoffmann jens at typo3.org
Tue Mar 6 10:46:30 CET 2012

Hi,

what is the focus of this thread here?

- A new Backend driven by something like Bootstrap (We lack here in Manpower)
- A new Backend concept for TYPO3 - Like the one I created for the FLOW3 CMS (aka Phoenix)
- An easier way for editors to interact with content via FE-Edit (aka Aloha)
- Roles to simplify the view of the Backend (fitting to a specified task)
   Like: http://www.typo3extensions.org/index.php?title=roles or
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/roles2/current/

You all are talking about different things.
All in all it's very interesting for me and
at the recent T3Board12 I rised the topic at
the core-team-meetup there. But currently we
have there a true manpower issue of developers
really doing the work for this HUGE project.

Changing the Backend (EXTjs, TCA, TCA-Forms, ...)
is not a easy fix done task .. I had to learn that
over years .. it takes a lot of time and energy. :(
But maybe we could build a team or a good financial
situation to solve this issue and do this imp. work.

Greez Jens

---
Jens Hoffmann

[TYPO3	Usability Team Leader]