[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Tue Mar 6 09:44:07 CET 2012

Hi,

On 06.03.2012 09:23, Thomas Esders wrote:
> Am 06.03.12 09:06, schrieb Tobias Liegl:
[...]
> Regardless of their existing technology, I think frontend editing is not
> suitable because:
> a) it is hard to manage files and this is needed for an editor IMHO
> b) it is hard to manage page meta data

both of this is IMHO much easier to solve than a new interface from scratch!

make TCEforms templatable and you'd be able to create "any" interface
you'd like.

tce_db.php already provides kind of a REST-API.

Maybe it's time to discuss this again? DEV-DAYS woulb be a nice opportunity.

Keep in mind, we have seen this request already a couple of times
before. You need a bunch of power to make it real! It would reallly be
nice to have such a simplified interface though.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag