[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Thomas Esders esders at naw.info
Tue Mar 6 08:43:52 CET 2012

Am 06.03.12 06:11, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks for bringing that up.

thanks for your quick response.

> If the foundation of TYPO3 in backend would be that awesome, it would be
> cool to switch to something like that but it isn't.

One question: Do we need to rely on typo3/backend.php? In the good old
times we had 2 different backend´s if i remember correctly.

> [...]
> Therefore maybe a different approach: css bootstrap is just about some
> css, so there is not really a great magic behind. We all know CSS, we
> all know HTML. What about doing a modern skin (again), make icons
> bigger, colors lighter? How does that sound?

This is only the second best choice in my eyes because then we will
enter into a compromise i guess. So my first choice is a new
typo3/skinny_backend.php with less features but a clean modern concept
and design.

I will talk to Helmut and let me explain if this is a fool´s idea :)

> I can ensure that people, at least me, will support you whererever -
> especially in the core - help is needed. So if there is a hook/...
> missing, there is certainly not a problem getting this into the core.

Well i hope i can count you in even if we try to make a new "backend",
thanks a lot for your offer!

> IMO this would get the faster result: Having an awesome backend! because
> it doesn't matter if it is bootstrap or if the HTML is a bit more ugly
> but it is about having the whole package.

Yes, fast, but in my eyes not the right direction (at the moment?)