[TYPO3-core] Thinking about a lightweight backend - what do you think?

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Mar 6 06:11:20 CET 2012

Hi Thomas,

thanks for bringing that up.
If the foundation of TYPO3 in backend would be that awesome, it would be
cool to switch to something like that but it isn't.

Yes it looks great and would be certainly cool to have such theming bug
the power of TYPO3 is also about its extensions and configuration. Just
thing about onthefly chancing rendering of tceforms. Bringing those 2
worlds together is certainly the biggest task and I am not sure if this
is really doable.

Therefore maybe a different approach: css bootstrap is just about some
css, so there is not really a great magic behind. We all know CSS, we
all know HTML. What about doing a modern skin (again), make icons
bigger, colors lighter? How does that sound?

I can ensure that people, at least me, will support you whererever -
especially in the core - help is needed. So if there is a hook/...
missing, there is certainly not a problem getting this into the core.

IMO this would get the faster result: Having an awesome backend! because
it doesn't matter if it is bootstrap or if the HTML is a bit more ugly
but it is about having the whole package.

Georg