[TYPO3-core] How to handle dependencies in Gerrit?

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Tue Jun 19 20:46:44 CEST 2012

> Hi,
>
> On 06/19/2012 11:05 AM, Markus Klein wrote:
> >> the reason I am writing is the topic 24087. The situation is like this:
> >>
> >> * There is an patch already merged in master, that only solves a part of the issue.
> >> * Backports of this patch are pending in Gerrit
> > [1]
> >
> >> * I pushed a new patch for master, that solves it finally but is based on the first patch.
> > [2]
> >

> >> How should that be solved? I see 2 possibilities:
> >>
> >> 1) Amend the backports with the "new" solution, merge the second fix to master and do not backport it.
> >>
> >> 2) Merge the backports of the first fix into branches "as is" and backport the second patch from master to release branches.
>
> I'm for [1] as we should never knowingly introduce bugs / inconsistent states. If the 2nd patch in master states in the releases line,
> that it is only relevant for master the merges page will still stay clean, but we won't risk getting it only partly fixed in lower branches.

It's neither a knowingly introduced bug nor an inconsistent state!
The original patchset actually solves the issue when you're on the default language.
The new patch of Marcus (also targeted master down to 4.5) enhances this fix to display the "all langs" CEs also if you're on a non-default language.