[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jul 19 18:11:04 CEST 2012

>> BTW: TYPO3 has always been famous for it's flexibility and multiple ways
>> of doing things in slightyl different "flavours".
>
> That is btw. also why TYPO3 is famous for being confusing and having a
> steep learnign curve.

Well - I completely disagree here.
Neither Flexibility as such is responsible for a steep learning curve,
nor is it that we provide different ways of doing things for different
users.

The steep learning curve is just the result of the fact that NONE of the
different ways we provided in the past was intuitive enough for any of
the target groups, be it average or power users. Additionally many of
the methods were inconsistent within their own domain. (i.e. TypoScript
having no CGL and lots of different spellings for things doing more or
less the the same stuff)

So as long as we improve the usability of each method we provide, there
is no reason to reduce them to just one method. Especially when some of
the methods offer a much higher working speed, while others will give
you much more convenience, we should always stay with both of types but
keep an eye on their overall usability.

Just my €

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian