[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jul 19 13:13:28 CEST 2012

Am 19.07.2012 12:30, schrieb Søren Malling:
> I still think that we are missing something here, concerning
> backend_layout (totally OT of my original mail, but as we are
> discussing it)!
>
> backend_layout is made to visualize the frontend output, but still we
> have no connection between a backend_layout and a frontend output.
>
> So what is it worth, if the editor can choose a different (backend)
> layout, but the FE is unchanged?

Of course we got a connection between BE layout and frontend.
It's called TypoScript :-)

This one will switch backend layouts and add even different layout
variants based on the "layout" field:

PAGE.10 = TEMPLATE
PAGE.10 {
   template = FILE
   template.file.cObject = CASE
   template.file.cObject {
     key.data = levelfield:-1, backend_layout_next_level, slide
     key.override.field = backend_layout
     key.append = TEXT
     key.append.dataWrap = X{field:layout}

     default = TEXT
     default.value = fileadmin/templates/default.html
     1X0 = TEXT
     1X0.value = fileadmin/templates/be_1_fe_default.html
     1X1 = TEXT
     1X1.value = fileadmin/templates/be_1_fe_1.html
     1X2 = TEXT
     1X2.value = fileadmin/templates/be_1_fe_2.html
     2X0 = TEXT
     2X0.value = fileadmin/templates/be_2_fe_default.html
     2X1 = TEXT
     2X1.value = fileadmin/templates/be_2_fe_1.html
     2X2 = TEXT
     2X2.value = fileadmin/templates/be_2_fe_2.html
   }
}

Since we can not know in advance, how the users want to output the
structure they are using in the backend, we can not provide anything
here but some TS examples.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian