[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 12:56:15 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 19-7-2012 12:03, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> Parsing needs to be done anyway, as the content of the records are pretty
> much TSconfig too.

This requires to take a look at the record first and then at TSconfig,
because it is possible that TSconfig overrides the record. That is extra
processing.

> Considering the huge TS that is there by default, especially the RTE TS, I
> do not thing that those few lines add a lot of parsing time.

Which is the argument of a few hundred features and so we end up with a
few hundred times bits of parsing time.

> But we should advice users to use records if they have many different
> layouts.

Okay, some people are in favour of record and some in favour of
TSconfig. IMO it can only be one of both.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!