[TYPO3-core] Discussion: Remove default columns in favour for backend_layout

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Jul 19 13:11:10 CEST 2012

Hi Søren,

Søren Malling wrote:

> I still think that we are missing something here, concerning
> backend_layout (totally OT of my original mail, but as we are
> discussing it)!
>
> backend_layout is made to visualize the frontend output, but still we
> have no connection between a backend_layout and a frontend output.
>
> So what is it worth, if the editor can choose a different (backend)
> layout, but the FE is unchanged?

The frontend is the playground for the integrator. The backend always was
pretty much completely independent form the frontend.
The backend layout is just about changing the visual appearance of the page
module. I frontend can, but must not look like the chosen layout.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!