[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Sun Feb 26 19:52:16 CET 2012

Am 26.02.2012 19:32, schrieb Philipp Gampe:

> Use FTP, or alike.

Have you ever tried to explain FTP to the average Windows user?
They send you printed and scanned screenshots in pdf format if you
ask them to send you a screenshot in jpg (i had that lately). And now
explain them, that they need a second program to upload there images to
some directory on the server, and then to switch to typo3 and include
that image... they will never understand that.

> If it would work, it would be nice, but we are talking here about a solution
> which does not work flawlessly and which is only required by really few user
> and which can be replaced easily be an external solution.

Really? Do a survey on t.german and t.english. Ask the people who need
and use that feature. I'm sure, you really overestimate the number of
people, who don't use it.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     pub 4096R/5117E119 2011-09-19
  Fingerprint: 3688 337C 0D3E 3725 94EC  E401 8D52 CDE9 5117 E119