[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Sun Feb 26 19:32:51 CET 2012

Hi Christian Welzel,

Christian Welzel wrote:

> Am 26.02.2012 18:23, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
>
>> How often do you have to upload more then a few files?
>
> We do that very often, as our customers have website with large
> galleries (with we manage with DAM). Its a PITA to upload more
> than 3 images at once with the "normal" uploader. Ever tried to
> upload more than 15 images? Do a search in TER after "gallery" and
> get an impression how important these are for the common typo3
> user.

Use FTP, or alike.
Really, the HTTP upload was never designed to be used for mass uploading.

>> Which other applications does allow you to upload more than one file at
>> once?
>
> Other CMS don't do it, so we remove the possibility for our users... i'm
> not sure if that is the right approach for a CMS system, that claims to
> be enterprise level.

If it would work, it would be nice, but we are talking here about a solution
which does not work flawlessly and which is only required by really few user
and which can be replaced easily be an external solution.

If you or anyone else promises to maintain this part of TYPO3, announce it
and everybody will try to support you.

> Do you really use self signed certs in an production environment?
>
> -1 from me, it causes more harm that benefits.

Quite often in intranets. Just add the cert to the domain certs and there is
not problem.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln – linkvalidator