[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Sun Feb 26 19:40:58 CET 2012

Am 26.02.2012 18:57, schrieb Tolleiv Nietsch:

> You did notice that we don't remove it in general as the HTML5
> alternative came to replace it for "normal" browsers?

Yeah, i know. But look in the statistics for webbrowsers like Net
Applications [1]. Currently they claim that 50% of all browsers are
IE-based. And only 12% are counted for IE9. [2] Most of them are IE6-IE8
and none of these are truely HTML5 capable.

> Besides that, the big corporate environments where upper management made
> the decision to stay with Windows XP for 20 years don't allow to use the
> Flash plugins either (even if it's preinstalled in default
> configurations). So what's our target group here?

Typo3 should support IE8 until at least 2 years after a Windows version
with an HTML5 capable browser is released to public. Most people that
buy a brand new computer today get Windows7 with has IE8 on board. Do do
not believe its a good idea to exclude all of these users from a
comfortable way to upload their images to their websites.

[1]
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=0&qpcustomd=0
[2]
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     pub 4096R/5117E119 2011-09-19
  Fingerprint: 3688 337C 0D3E 3725 94EC  E401 8D52 CDE9 5117 E119