[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Tolleiv Nietsch info at tolleiv.de
Sun Feb 26 18:57:12 CET 2012

Hi

Christian Welzel schrieb:

> Other CMS don't do it, so we remove the possibility for our users... i'm
> not sure if that is the right approach for a CMS system, that claims to
> be enterprise level.

You did notice that we don't remove it in general as the HTML5
alternative came to replace it for "normal" browsers?
Besides that, the big corporate environments where upper management made
the decision to stay with Windows XP for 20 years don't allow to use the
Flash plugins either (even if it's preinstalled in default
configurations). So what's our target group here?

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--
http://twitter.com/tolleiv - http://blog.tolleiv.de