[TYPO3-core] Remove flash uploader in TYPO3 4x?

Christian Welzel gawain at camlann.de
Sun Feb 26 18:46:19 CET 2012

Am 26.02.2012 18:23, schrieb Philipp Gampe:

> How often do you have to upload more then a few files?

We do that very often, as our customers have website with large
galleries (with we manage with DAM). Its a PITA to upload more
than 3 images at once with the "normal" uploader. Ever tried to
upload more than 15 images? Do a search in TER after "gallery" and
get an impression how important these are for the common typo3
user.

> Which other applications does allow you to upload more than one file at
> once?

Other CMS don't do it, so we remove the possibility for our users... i'm
not sure if that is the right approach for a CMS system, that claims to
be enterprise level.

> And the problems remain:
> * basic authentication
> * self-signed certificates

You can use the non flash upload fallback for this and upload every file
on its own. (You notice? The fallback argument from the other side.)

> * basic authentication

Remove the basic auth for the typo3/ directory in .htaccess. The backend
is already protected by a login.

> * self-signed certificates

Do you really use self signed certs in an production environment?

-1 from me, it causes more harm that benefits.

--
 MfG, Christian Welzel

  GPG-Key:     pub 4096R/5117E119 2011-09-19
  Fingerprint: 3688 337C 0D3E 3725 94EC  E401 8D52 CDE9 5117 E119