[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS 6.2+1

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sat Dec 8 14:50:47 CET 2012

Hi,

> Again, it's not about forcing people to do something. With TYPO3 6.0 we
> have namespace support and it might even be possible to include Flow.
> That makes it a lot easier to write new stuff based on Flow, which can
> also be used (with some modifications) in Neos.
> If that is possible such a shared project brings developers closer to
> Flow and Neos.

I think of it for a long time without having tried it. It sounds like
the back-then "bridge" extension/project and in fact, would certainly
allow people to quickly get up to speed with possible Neos development.

Extbase was always the small brother of Flow and we should think of
allowing more to users willing to go in that direction. It's hard to
tell how long will Neos take to gather community love and I certainly do
not suggest to add just another framework into TYPO3 CMS but allowing
people to move away from Extbase and use Flow instead sounds like the
best option so far for going towards Neos with existing real-life projects.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6