[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS 6.2+1

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Tue Dec 4 19:23:03 CET 2012

Hi and thanks for the feedback, don't take my answers too personal.
Maybe my first mail wasn't too clear and hopefully my answers make the
intention clearer to others.

Steffen Ritter schrieb:

> In an OpenSource World you cannot tell people on which products they
> should focus on.

That wasn't my intend. We (as a team) should only set a focus for
ourselves and communicate that.

> If you feel like Neos needs your Developers support, go
> and invest your time in that project.

I think you did not get the point of my post, but you're right that
"switch" should also happen on personal level.

> I would assumce, that the people currently actively contributing to the
> CMS Core just aren't interested in working with or for Neos.

Will they ever be? If so, this will always be a big deal and cause
endless issues.

> In addition, I think you need a certain base in an software product to
> increase contributors - in the beginning you have way to much cross
> cutting concerns and things you everyones work might effect others.
> We reached that point with Flow - but I don't see that for Neos yet.

So really that "certain base" means "final release" for you. Or is it
the 2.0 release you're aiming for?

>> So what are you plans?
> My personal plan:

You didn't get my point. What strategy should *we* as a team follow in
the future?

> From my current experience CMS won't be out of scope for a long time.

Our community spends a large part of it's budget on Neos*, with that
attitude we'll never stop splitting budgets. This can't be your desire?

Cheers,
Tolleiv

* - I'm not questioning the budget which is spent for Neos
--
Tolleiv Nietsch
TYPO3 Core Developer

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!