[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS 6.2+1

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Dec 4 12:19:59 CET 2012

Hi,

On 4-12-2012 9:56, Steffen Ritter wrote:
>  > What I suggest is that the Core team finds a way to move the focus
> more and more to Neos
>
> In an OpenSource World you cannot tell people on which products they
> should focus on. If you feel like Neos needs your Developers support, go
> and invest your time in that project.

Tolleiv didn't say that we should tell people to work on a project.
There are also ways to make it more attractive and easier to work on a
certain project.

> I would assumce, that the people currently actively contributing to the
> CMS Core just aren't interested in working with or for Neos.
> I even presume some of them never played with Flow or Neos. And no one
> can force them, too.

Again, it's not about forcing people to do something. With TYPO3 6.0 we
have namespace support and it might even be possible to include Flow.
That makes it a lot easier to write new stuff based on Flow, which can
also be used (with some modifications) in Neos.
If that is possible such a shared project brings developers closer to
Flow and Neos.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member