[TYPO3-core] Was the deprecation policy followed for TYPO3 6.0?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Dec 5 04:09:35 CET 2012

Hi Jigal,

Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> The sad truth is that not all extensions are updated in time for a new
> release. Even though the removed functions were logged in the
> deprecation log since TYPO3 4.6 there are many extensions which aren't
> updated.
> After the functions are finally removed (and fatal errors occur) part of
> those extensions are updated with a new release. Other extensions are
> not updated and could be regarded as "abandoned".

Maybe we should intense the plan to automatically scan the TER and set
extension to "obsolete" after grace period and of course mail the authors.

E.g. there authors could be notified after each beta and RC release and the
we could set the max version flag around release.

Trouble arises for all extensions that still need to support older versions
and use conditions to only call certain functions in old releases.

Cheers
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!