[TYPO3-core] Expectations, Experience and Culture Matter

Björn Pedersen pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Fri Aug 31 08:24:18 CEST 2012

Am 30.08.2012 18:49, schrieb ben van 't ende:
> http://eaves.ca/2012/08/30/community-managers-expectations-experience-and-culture-matter/
>
> Hey Guys,
>
> I have just been reading this article from David Eaves and I would like you to
> read it to. I have talked to David a couple of times and he had a keynote at
> OSCON this year called The Science of Community. What he mainly writes about in
> this article is how newcomers submit patches, wait endlessly, get dissed while
> waiting and then stop contributing. I would like to hear from you if this sounds
> familiar and if you have any ideas on how to improve that? I am aware of the
> fact that we do not do a good job currently at providing human readable
> information on what to do when you are new to the project.
>
> gRTz ben

Hi,

well, am not not anymore, but I think since the use of gerrit as the
patch management system things have become much more transparent. You
see the other patches, even from core team members waiting as well. And
as the patch-for-a-patch rule is mostly followed as well, many patches
get a much more friendly welcome ( That can be thought of as: Your patch
was a good idea, and we took it and here is an imporved version that
fits the project even better.)

Björn