[TYPO3-core] Expectations, Experience and Culture Matter

ben van 't ende ben.vantende at typo3.org
Thu Aug 30 18:49:16 CEST 2012

http://eaves.ca/2012/08/30/community-managers-expectations-experience-and-culture-matter/

Hey Guys,

I have just been reading this article from David Eaves and I would like you to
read it to. I have talked to David a couple of times and he had a keynote at
OSCON this year called The Science of Community. What he mainly writes about in
this article is how newcomers submit patches, wait endlessly, get dissed while
waiting and then stop contributing. I would like to hear from you if this sounds
familiar and if you have any ideas on how to improve that? I am aware of the
fact that we do not do a good job currently at providing human readable
information on what to do when you are new to the project.

gRTz ben
--
TYPO3 Community Manager