[TYPO3-core] Migrating the system extension manuals to ReStructured Text

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Aug 24 17:32:36 CEST 2012

Hi Tolleiv,

> well I seems that my expectation is/was wrong - when I hear "proxy
> method" in that context my expectation is that an "normal user" will not
> be disrupted in his "browsing experience". This means that at least main
> navigation and footer navigation should be kept intact and that the page
> styles don't change significantly.

Apparently we misunderstood each other when talking about the proxy
method. I mentioned that it would be similar to what is being done for
api.typo3.org, which clearly breaks the browsing experience.

> Rereading the thread - it seems that what you suggest as "proxy method"
> is really just a URL rewriting. In that case I still see many questions
> - but atm. my time is very limited and therefore I just hope that you
> know what you're doing.

I know what I'm doing, we just don't agree ;-)

This is obviously not the right place to continue the discussion about
integration into typo3.org, but I have understood that tight integration
is highly desirable and the other solution we could think of (maybe
someone has other ideas) is not acceptable. We will keep this in mind.

Anyway our first aim is still the same: produce a fully functional site
called docs.typo3.org, as this will be our reference for all output. If
we go - for example - the way of integration JSON output into typo3.org,
the JSON files will still be (at least originally) on docs.typo3.org. It
is crucial for us to have this web site working fine before considering
other integrations. I think we should pick up the discussion when this
part is ready. Is that fine with you?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter